Saturday 12 March 2011

Edinburgh Running

I've just spent a week working in the beautiful city of Edinburgh. It's a city I always enjoy visiting, with plenty of history and a vibrant atmosphere.

All of my running this week was done through the city streets and around Holyrood Park. Normally when I'm in Edinburgh I run on the small but beautiful hills of Holyrood park. However, though tempted and almost sucumbing to the desire to be on those little hills my will power prevailed and I settled for doing circuits of the park instead. Whilst running on the roads around the park I would gaze jealously up to the hills and Arthur's Seat, watching the head torches of fell runners make their way around the many tracks and trails.

It was upon Arthur's Seat that I met, and ran with, Eddie Izzard when he was on his 'Marathon a Day' challenge to run around Britain raising money for Sport Relief. At the time, as we ran together and chatted, I had no idea who he is was. It was only later that evening that I learnt his identity.

Normally work commitments prevent me from being able to maintain a regular training routine. However, whilst I've been training for the London Marathon I've found that I've been getting in more quality training runs, whilst working away, than when returning home!

Whilst I had a garaunteed entry for the Marathon, through my running club, I have to say I'm getting a little nervous now about whether or not I've got a place as, to date, I have still received no confirmation that my entry has been received or had any joining instructions. I hope they arrive soon so that I can go ahead and make travel and accommodation plans etc.

Chris M

No comments:

Post a Comment