Sunday 10 April 2011

Off down to London

This may be my last post now, before the London Marathon, as tomorrow I will be down in London doing a week's work. Things are likely to be very busy so I may not get a chance to post anymore blogs until after the marathon.

After my initial signs that I was recovering from feeling unwell I have to report that the 'Man Flu' and throat infection are still lingering though I hope I'm on the mend now. The aching joints and general feeling of weekness have passed and now I'm just left with a bunged up head & sinuses and an irrating cough. Although I have to say I have little energy still, soon get out of breath and the legs don't feel to strong.

After a couple of days running last week, after a three day forced rest, I've done no running again now since Wednesday gone. I've missed some critical tapering runs including last weekends 16 miler and todays 10 miler. Hopefully I'll get a couple of gentle runs in through the week (work permiting) which will give my legs a wake up call, ready for next Sunday.

Thanks to those who have given words of support and to those that have already donated, either on-line or in cash, to MacMillan Cancer Support and Alzheimer's Society. People can still donate using the charity links on the right-hand-side of this site.

Good luck to everyone who is running the London Marathon.

Chris M

No comments:

Post a Comment