Wednesday 6 April 2011

This dam cold ...

I'm definately suffering from a cold and slight throat infection. Infact last night my voice started to go.

After not running since Friday and missing a 16 mile run on Monday, yesterday I decided I just had to get a run in. It would either kill me or cure me I thought! well I'm still here.

I went up to the running club, where the first club handicap of the summer season was being held, with the intention of just taking a gentle run around the 10k off road course. I did set off with all good intentions untill I saw people up ahead and just had to set them in my sites and at least catch up to them. with the first 3 runners overtaken I re-adjusted my sites onto a couple of other runners further along the route. Once we got onto the rougher ground, I made good progress and passed them also.

I completed the course in just over 46 minutes, which I was more than pleased with to say that I set out quite slow early on, with no intentions of racing, and didn't push it on the final stretch to the finish. Hopefully, I thought, that has done the trick?

The article which Lewis was writing for the Oldham Chronicle went in last night. Lets hope that raises some more sponsorship for the charities!

Today, although my throat has felt a bit raw and my head's all stuffed up I do actually feel somewhat better. I went for a gentle run, at lunch time, for about an hour, with Mark and Bruce, two friends from the running club. Our runs together are always enjoyable, with the conversation ranging from joking and general banter to serious in-depth discussions about anything from politics and religion to business and world affairs. Every day is a learning day!

I think if I get plenty of rest I should get over this no problem in time for marathon day.

The newspaper article generated quite a bit of interset, with various people offering to donate to the charities which I'm running for. The power of the media hey.

Chris M

No comments:

Post a Comment